Prospective adopters are prepared and supported to help the child develop positive relationships and behaviour and discourages negative behaviour, while assisting the child to understand and manage their own behaviour.
STANDARD 3 - Promoting positive behaviour and relationships
Adoption Support Agencies)
Adoption Agencies Regulations 2005:
- 15 - Requirement to obtain information about the child
- 17 - Requirement to prepare child's permanence report for the adoption panel
- 24 - Requirement to provide preparation for adoption
- 25 - Prospective Adopter’s Report
- 36 - Reviews
- Schedule 1 - Information
- Schedule 4 - Information about the prospective adopter
- Children enjoy sound relationships with their prospective adopters, interact positively with others and behave appropriately.
Prospective adopters are supported on how to manage their responses and feelings arising from caring for the child, particularly where the child displays very challenging behaviour, and understand how the child’s previous experiences can manifest in challenging behaviour.
Prospective adopters are encouraged to respect the child’s privacy and confidentiality, in a manner that is consistent with good parenting.